Purchasing private label rights articles and eBooks for resale is relatively easy and quick. PLR and MMR products are cheap, but understanding the differences between PLR and MRR gives you a better understanding of what you’re buying. It also lets you know how you can sell both types so that you have a better way to market your products.
When Private Label Right’s articles and eBooks are first launched for sale by the publisher, they are relatively cheap to purchase. PLR packages are sometimes sold on a dime sale for as little as $7.00, but the price goes up after several days or sales. I always like to acquire my packages on the dime sale, so I buy cheap and sell high.
When purchasing private label rights and master resell rights to digital products you should always make sure you understand the laws that protect both you, the consumer, and the creator. This will ensure you never get into trouble.
To be successful with PLR and MMR products, you have, to be honest in the way you use the material. Honest means to use the products as per the license agreement and rights.
Private Label Rights
In addition to allowing you to purchase a product, PLR also allows you to change or modify it in any way you want to. Basically, you can treat a PLR product as if you created it yourself. However, you are not allowed the claim to the resell rights to the PLR content. In other words, you cannot pass on the Private Label Rights of the product to your customers.
PLR content is a valuable investment, but you should always make sure you read the fine print because some licenses will have more restrictions than others.
Not all PLR material can be modified, and not all can be given away for free. Branding rights get confused with Private Label Rights products but keep in mind that some products will allow you to brand a product with affiliate links. In other words, branding rights are not the same as PLR, rights.
A standard Private Label Rights license may include the following terms and conditions listed below.
Common Private Label Rights Terms And Conditions
- [YES] You Can package the product
- [YES] Product Can be used for yourself. Personal Use
- [YES,] You Can see the product as is for price not less than $7
- [YES,] Product can be added to a Membership Site or Bundled with other products as an incentive.
- [YES] You Can use this product to create audio/webinar/video material.
- [YES,] You Can Give Away The Product (excluding The Source Code Files) To Your members and customers as incentive or gifts.
- [YES] You Can modify the sales pages or graphics in any way you wish.
- [YES] You can change the Product Anyway you want to by adding and removing content or create a new product. Break It Up Into Articles, mail or use as online lessons for your customers.
- [YES] This product can be added to membership sites where persons are paying you a subscription.
- [YES] You can put your name on this product as the author.
- [YES] Can give away for free in exchange for leads.
- [YES] Can be edited completely and your name put on it
- [YES] Can edit or create your own covers for this product
- [YES] Can sell resell rights
- [YES] Can sell master resale rights
- [NO] You can’t transfer the Private Label Rights to any third party, or give away the rights.
- [NO] Cannot Add to non-paying membership sites
- [NO] You can’t just pass away the product to anyone
Master Resell Rights
MRR will allow you to resell the product with regular resell rights that come with the product, which basically means the person you sell the product to will be able to resell it to their own customers as well. This means that MRR are more preferable for prospects who would like the freedom to distribute the products among themselves as a way to maximize profit. MRR rights work a lot like resell rights in the sense that you are allowed to distribute the product to your customers and make profits, but you are not authorized to alter the content in any way.
In the case of Resell Rights, you cannot claim authorship or add resell rights to the product. The reason for this is that products in this category are designed to be sold to buyers who intend to use the products for their own profit without giving another person the rights to redistribute or resell the product.
Understanding these rules is critical for when you want to buy or distribute products such as eBooks, PDFs or other digital products, because some of these products may have challenging regulations.
In case you feel you need more information on some of these regulations, you could always contact the creator of the product or a professional who understands the rights to digital products. I have listed some of the common rights that are associated with Master Resell Rights of a product.
Common Master Resell Rights (MRR) Terms & Conditions
- [YES] You Can Package The Product
- [YES] You This Product Can Be Used For Personal Use.
- [YES] Can be sold without modifying it
- [YES] Resell Rights privilege can be passed on to who you sell to.
- [YES] This product can be added to membership sites or given as a bonus with other products.
- [YES] Can be used to create audio/webinar/video products
- [YES] Can Give Away The Product (NOT The Source Code Files) To Your Subscribers, Members or Customers as a Bonus or Gift.
- [YES] Can change sales page and/or graphics
- [YES] Can be added to paid membership sites
- [YES] Can sell master resale rights
- [NO] Cannot be added to non-paying membership sites
- [NO] This product can’t just be given away to anyone.
- [NO] You cannot edit the product in any way.